Thursday, October 3, 2013

Neighborly Love? or NOT


     Haven't you ever had one of those neighbors that you would like to see a meteor shoot out of the sky and hit their house?

I was cooking supper when my kids ran inside shouting that there was a woman on the sidewalk in front of the house, making a scene, wanting to talk to me. I threw the dry towel over my shoulder drying my hands off and walked out onto the porch. She was all hyped up holding onto her little miniature dog's leash yelling about her trash can.

Every Wednesday the city picks up our trash around 7:00 am. Since the city provides the trash service they give you a big trash can and if someone steals it or it gets destroyed in some way then those people are out of luck; because the city does not provide another trash can. That particular morning the trash people gave my husband a trash can.

Months ago someone decided to walk off with our trash can pulling it down the street so we have been without a trash can for quite some time. The trash people said that someone else had one too many trash cans and they knew we needed one, my husband said, "good looking out." SO, we went on about our business all day until this woman shows up at my house later that afternoon.

She said that her neighbor told her that we had her trash can. She went on expressing how she has been living in this neighborhood for 13 years and has never had a problem with her trash can before. She insinuated that I had stolen it and that I better bring her trash can down to her.

Now, first off she came at me sideways and secondly I don't know that to be true or not. I said, "I am not giving you this trash can the trash company gave it to us and if you want it back then i suggest you call the city up." Furthermore, I said "I don't need your f***king trash can and didn't steal it." Well, she didn't like that response at all, her head started beep bopping around and she kept pointing at her trash can, "I want my trash can!" I stood there calmly looking at her crazy self telling her I don't know nothing about her or her trash can to call the city. She walked off mad at the world.

So I carried myself back into the house and continued cooking and cleaning. About 10 minutes later one of my kids came in and said that same lady was taking the trash can. WHAT! so i walked back to the front door and sure enough that lady was running down my yard dumping trash all over my yard while she was dragging the dang thing down my hill. Ha Ha, this is some funny shit I thought. I opened the door and said, "did you call the city?" She screamed, "No!" while she's struggling with that trash can.

I saw the trash on my yard and this time I got angry, that's just disrespectful and nasty I thought. I started toward her demanding she come back and pick that trash up from my yard that she dumped. She quickly said, "its not my trash," while she is running down the sidewalk with the trash can back to her house.

Of course I am heated and I call the city to complain about this situation and about the trash people putting me in this situation.

I am going to admit I picked up the trash in my yard, that also included baby shit, and I wanted to put it in a sealed box and mail her shit right back to her. However, the only thing that stopped me was getting caught on tap at the post office.

I know everyone has had some horrid experience with their neighbors. I took the liberty to finding some great ideas on how to get along with neighbors.


  • Introduce yourself: well me and that lady sure did make an introduction that day.
  • Lend a helping hand: Yep I was babysitting her trash can that day and she fertilized my yard just fine.
  • Offer Support: Well I offered for her to pick her trash up out of my yard.
  • Meet a need: I met my need by calling the city.
  • Share information: Yep! sure did give the city her address.
  • Plan an event: I planned to mail her shit back.
So I think I covered my neighborly experience. Reply back with some horror stories of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment